Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yet another question-rain, snag putting pool up

1. Back To Top    #1

O'Fallon, MO

Yet another question-rain, snag putting pool up

Hello again, after about dying from heat stroke yesterday, the pool is up son was half sick & was spent by the time we got it up. This is an Intex metal frame, but it's 24 x 52 so big. I had a 24' very old doughboy that was down except for walk around deck popular on those old ones (and very handy for cleaning). We tried just leaving it up hoping this pool would work in the middle but the angled top is a different size so it has to come down. We got rained out plus didn't have tools plus my poor son with a nasty cold meant we did not tackle that at all. So now I'm at the mercy of my other son to come over & cut at least half of that deck off before I can fill this pool b/c it won't allow us to expand it enough to be level/steady if that makes sense. OK, that's my background-here's my question. It rained in this pool & rain is in the forecast for the next week at least. Not constant, but thunderstorms are forecasted daily. My thoughts are to pour some bleach in there with the rainwater even if it's only a half inch deep so should I? Any different suggestions? Thanks in advance yet again!
    24 x 52 intex AG round with well water-water has no issues with rust or other contaminants
    2800 GPH Intex sand filter pump
    Located in Missouri

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Yet another question-rain, snag putting pool up

I would hesitate putting too much bleach in that little water. I know you do not want it to turn green so it is up to you what you do. Just use care so that you do not bleach out the liner or harm it.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Yet another question-rain, snag putting pool up

Figure out the pool volume. poolmath doesn't care if the pool is .08 ft deep, it'll still calculate the volume, and then you can calculate the bleach. Probably no more than a few spoonfuls. I'd dilute it in a bucket of water and then brush a bit to get it well-distributed. Probably takes longer to type than do.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!