Replacing old equipment pad

The old booster pump was supposed to be the only thing re-used. However, I discovered the plastic board the electrical connections were on was dry rotted and in pieces. The connections were free floating. New booster pump wont be delivered until mid week to finish it up :( The 3/4 ball valve though will go to the booster.

I had a lot of Sch 80 true union ball valves and some unions left from my old reef tank so figured I might as well use them. Lots of unions and threaded joints to create more possible leaks, but easier to tear down only sections as well. Currently, no leaks :) Outlet side of the sand filter took a couple shots to get it leak free. I also intended to have an extra union before, and after, the pump but forgot to pick them up. Then I forgot I meant to add them so that Jandy check valve is right smack in the middle and can't easily add a union now. The vertical rise from the pump though is a little short and needs the union added when I can.

Otherwise, I need the new pressure pump and will be almost done :) I paid the electrician to add the sub panel. I paid the pool place to take care of only the final cutting of the old pipes to tie in the new and did the rest myself. Onward and upward!!! Now to get the SWG and Aqua Logic in use and find more toys to add :)

No, nothing old at all. I had "intended" to keep the pressure pump, but once disconnected I found major issues so I'm now waiting for a new one to be delivered.

Otherwise, everything is new. I had the pad poured, then the electritian to hook up the Aqua Logic sub-panel. New sand filter, new pump. I did the plumbing on the pad but had the pool place come when it was time to cut the old pipes and connect mine to them. VERY stressful day, lol.

Besides the mess, and stuff so old it was ready to go away soon, our old pad was also in the way of of expanding our pool enclosure. It gave me an excuse to just do it all from scratch on a new pad. If I had to re-do the OLD pad, knowing I work slow, I'd have to plan on a green pool by the time I was done :(

Well, added a small heat pump now!! I also didn't realize the old pics didn't have the booster pump. At the time I switched to the new pad I discovered the electrical board in the old one was rotted and all wires just free-floating so I replaced it and it wasn't yet in use when I got the pictures. In the meantime, I'm a little OCD on pipes not running at weird angles, but noway around it without adding more fittings :( At least it's not entirely crazy like the original equipment.

And yes, I need to clean up leaves and that entire corner in general, lol.

Thanks Kim!!! It's been an experience for sure!!! When we first got to Florida and had a home inspector check out the first house we were interested in I was entirely LOST when he mentioned an issue with a booster pump. His explanation including the word "Polaris" only confused me more :)

At least we had him, passed on that house for many reasons, and he gave me a little training so I was ready for THIS one once we found the house we wanted and I took over the pool :) TFP was a life-saver many times. I wish I could convince co-workers and friends, but I usually get a cross-eyed look followed by "I don't know, the pool store says...".

LOL I so understand!!! I make sure to say "chlorine" instead of "bleach" when talking about how I care for my pool. Now you and and I both it is the same thing but people tend to have a VERY negative reaction to using bleach LOL

I just wait for them to cry about "I can't get rid of the algae this year and have done everything the Pool Store told me to". I then offer to come over and test their water for them. I have been able to lead two people to the TFP way. Others just shake their head and say "The pool store should be able to help. They have been trained." :brickwall:Oh well at least I tried.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.