Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yikes,...sanity check these numbers....

1. Back To Top    #1

Yikes,...sanity check these numbers....

My pool is fine. Friend just pulled the cover off of their above ground 12K gallon pool yesterday and tossed in a couple pounds of granular shock. I said to hold on till I can get her a good reading so I took my trusty TFT100 kit and got the following...
    FC = 2
    CC = 7 (yikes)
    TC = 9
    CH = 275
    TA = 80
    CYA = 25
    Ph = 7.4
    Based on that... I would assume the chlorine/shock is the most important thing to get right now. Pool match shows 178 oz of 8.25% to get to the shock level of 12. Sound like a good start? That is about 1.5 gallons. That and 24 oz of stabilizer, but I wasn't sure of that was prudent at first opening in case she needs to do some backwashing due to vacuuming. Pool is a tad dirty. Not horrific, but needs soem cleaning. Hayward DE filter on it.
    28K gallon, raised beam, plaster/ceramic color quartz with attached spa. TF-100 test kit
    Hayward 1.5HP super pump, DE4800 DE filter, Hayward inline chlorinator w/3" tabs (off)
    Pool: 2 floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 3.5' deep > 8' deep
    Spa: 2 floor drains, 4 jet returns

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yikes,...sanity check these numbers....

SLAM it using a current CYA level of 30 without adding any.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Yikes,...sanity check these numbers....

Great, thanks!!
    28K gallon, raised beam, plaster/ceramic color quartz with attached spa. TF-100 test kit
    Hayward 1.5HP super pump, DE4800 DE filter, Hayward inline chlorinator w/3" tabs (off)
    Pool: 2 floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 3.5' deep > 8' deep
    Spa: 2 floor drains, 4 jet returns