Setting up for the summer

th0mas

Jun 14, 2015
Melfort, SK
Just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with a lot of iron, or other metals in their water.
I tried a couple times last year, to add chlorine or bleach, and the water immediately started turning into a brown color. It looked like tea.
And then it left that brown residue that had to be filtered or vacuumed out.

Is there a really good product to add before the chlorine, that eliminates the oxidizing effect of the metals?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Metal in swimming pol water is a giant hassle.

Suspending the iron in soluble form is what most folks do. It's called a sequestrant and "Jack's Magic" makes some of the most widely used.

Several to choose from.

The best idea by far is to find fill water without metal.......often impossible.

Metal in swimming pol water is a giant hassle.

Suspending the iron in soluble form is what most folks do. It's called a sequestrant and "Jack's Magic" makes some of the most widely used.

Several to choose from.

The best idea by far is to find fill water without metal.......often impossible.
Thanks. I never thought of getting water hauled in. We have well water on the acreage. But the closest town has water that is almost as pure as RO water.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.