Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy From Texas

1. Back To Top    #1
    Katy, Texas

Howdy From Texas

Closed on home in Katy, Texas Friday 06-June-2015. Previous homeowner has a pool guy at $40/week. I'm not only thrifty, but as an engineer I build/design/upkeep all my own stuff. TF-100 test kit should be here Monday, and we don't really move in until Wednesday of next week, although I will be doing some maintenance there Monday and Tuesday so I will have pool access. The main question is the Houston area is supposed to get another 6-15" of rain next week. What should I plan for in advance, what chemicals do I need to just have on hand for a situation like this. I like to be prepared. No test numbers will be available until next week.

New to me ~ 12000 gallon in ground plaster, Hayward C4000 Super Star-Clear cartridge filter, single speed pump and PB4 booster pump, previous owner installed pool in 1998 re-plastered in 2010, TF-100 test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Howdy From Texas

Welcome to TFP!!!

The only thing we know you will need is liquid chlorine / bleach at this point. But, you really need to run a full set of tests to know what the first step should be.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP. Congrats on the new pool. Rain does not have nearly as much impact on pools as people think.

Here is a little reading for you while you watch it rain.
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Welcome Katy, TX! Nice to hear you have the TF-100 on its way. Outstanding. Great choice, you won't be disappointed. Check back in with any questions.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5
    East of Royals country western MO

Welcome to TFP , you are in good hands with these folks. Geez.... another foot of water, you folks have really conquered your drought. There's nothing I can add to what these pros can tell you, except..............being an engineer, if you could design a way to get that rain water to California, there would surely be a Nobel peace prize in your future
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir