Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Setting up Hayward Super Pump vs Controls

1. Back To Top    #1

Setting up Hayward Super Pump vs Controls

I just installed a new Hayward Super Pump VS and I need help in setting the controls up. I find it difficult with the user manual and Youtube videos.

I have a Intermeter 24 hour dial meter.

My pool is 20x40 with a Hayward sand filter.

How many hours a day should I run the pump? At what speeds?

What do I do after I turn the power on. I know that there is priming cycle of four minutes.

I would like to go back to factory defaults and have someone walk we through the process.

I will be every thankful

Bill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Setting up Hayward Super Pump vs Controls

The VS has it's own built in controller and should have power 24/7 and not via that Intermatic. I'm not sure how long it can keep it's clock and other settings, but even an Aqualogic controller can only go about seven hours, so you will lose your settings I'd think when the Intermatic cuts power.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoreSun View Post
    The VS has it's own built in controller and should have power 24/7 and not via that Intermatic. I'm not sure how long it can keep it's clock and other settings, but even an Aqualogic controller can only go about seven hours, so you will lose your settings I'd think when the Intermatic cuts power.
    This may not be correct. Some of the smaller VS pumps like this only have a countdown timer to switch speeds and still need to be controlled by an external timer.

Take a look at the Determine Pump Run Time article in Pool School.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to you guys you can catch those slips
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone for your comments

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Newest revision of Super Pump VS has built time clock and needs uninterrupted power. Basic breakdown of programming:

-Set time of day
    -Set on time and duration of speed one
    -Set duration of speed two to run after speed one
    -Set duration of speed three to run after speed two
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source