question about pool

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Let me see if I can explain this....our pool is built where, outside the deep end of the pool is a downhill slope. I have noticed that at the bottom of the "hill" the ground is usually pretty soft. Last time it rained really hard, I noticed a little moving water puddle. Today, I woke up to a ground covered in SNOW :mrgreen: (That's something we rarely see down here!). Anyway this same spot is not covered in snow. In fact there is a pretty good size piece of the yard that
"flows down" and there is, again, from the rain last night and snow this morning and moving water puddle at the bottom of the "hill". I think that explains what I'm experiencing.

Here is a little more info:
I have not had to add water to the pool very much since we moved in (late Sept.)
There is no main drain on the bottom of the pool.
There is 1 skimmer.
The backwash line runs to a different part of the yard.

Here are my question:
What is going on here?
Could this be a leak?
Could this be some sort of overflow mechanism and is supposed to be doing this?
Is this normal?
Is this pool related?
Is this bad news for doing a pool drain/refill to lower my CYA?

TIA

When vinyl pools are installed, the hole is dug larger than the pool, then the pool is installed and backfill is added around the pool. The hole that the pool is in is mostly filled with pool, but it still collects water. Most often, a drainage system is installed at the bottom of the pool walls to get the water out, and there is a drain pipe out into the yard someplace. Your pipe may be covered or the wet spot may just be the natural point where water drains from the hole. As long as it's draining, you are probably alright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.