Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum with Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum with Sand Filter

I just purchased the Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model SF70110 for my 18x48 ultra frame intex pool. I also bought a new vacuum head but I'm having a problem with the debris getting clogged in the intake connector of the pool. Their is no way of taking the strainer off. I had to use an adapter that screw on the strainer in order to use the hose. I vacuum the pool and when I take the connector and hose off all the debris goes back into the pool. Very frustrating. Anyone have any advice on what I could do to prevent this?pool adapter.jpg
    18x48 ultra frame AG Intex pool 6423 gallons
    Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model SF70110
    Test kit - TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Vacuum with Sand Filter

I can see the problem (nice pic...Thanks!) but have no idea of the solution. Intex is a unique brand that seems to have a lot of unique problems.....not easily fixed.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Edmond OK

Re: Vacuum with Sand Filter

Yeah, I remember those days. I used to keep my net handy, but some of the stuff always got loose and back into the pool.

The only real solution I know of is to install a thru-the-wall skimmer like my Hayward Dyna-skim. It comes with an adapter played to which you can connect a vacuum. And it does a much better job of keeping the pool clean to begin with.

Don't be afraid to cut your liner -- it's simple to install. And you will never regret it.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"