Picked wrong year

Jun 7, 2015
Bessemer,Mi
I picked the wrong year to put up a pool lol
strong El Niño causing well below average temps for July and august
guess I'm gonna need to build a heater or heat pool somehow.
My luck. Lol. Ohwell hopefully it makes it through the winter
cuz I just got done adding an addition on my deck to go around part of the pool

JEALOUS!
phfc7d06h.jpg

Yeah, eve here in Tucson the weather is unusually cool. We should be hitting 100F every day in June. May and June are the hot & dry months before the monsoon rains hit in mid-July and the humidity kicks up (and, YES, it does rain in the desert!!!). HOWEVEVR, we had a crazy weird May and it wasn't until the last week in May that the temps broke over 90F. Even in mid-June now we're getting days only in the mid-90's and the overnight temps still drop down into the 70's. I only have a gas heater for the spa that I can use on the pool but it would consume too much NG to heat up my pool even 4 deg F. So we basically spent all of April and most of May looking at an empty (of people) pool.

Friends of ours have solar heaters....I'm seriously considering dropping the Benjamin's to get one....

A neighbor of mine has a unique way to heat his pool...

He has probably 200 feet of garden hose laid neatly in a zig-zag pattern on the roof of his pool house. Pumps pool water through hose, then back into pool. He says it works great. I'm sure he has it plumbed into his pool pump somehow, but a person could rig up the same setup with a strong sump pump dropped in the deep end, with the hose replacing the water in the shallow end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.