Tile Came Lose, how to repair?

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
Guys, one of the tiles that was in place right below my hot tub overspill has fallen off either during the winter or since my opening yesterday. I fished it out and noticed a little of the plaster that was below of it came off it. I think the water spilling from the tub edged a little space behind it as it falls and after a number of years it came lose. I see the little space behind the next tile also so that one will eventually fall off as well. My question is how can I glue this thing back. Can I do this with water level covering the entire tile? After couple more backwashes there will probable be about an inch of clearance on these tiles but I do not keep water any lower then that. Can I glue it with water level this high on the tiles? Secondly what about the plaster? do I need to replace that as well? is this something I can do or should get the professionals to take care of it?
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/ixecs1.jpg[/IMG]

i would find a way to lower the water level, let it dry thoroughly, clean it up really well by getting the old grout out and then use sanded grout to reset the tiles back in place. You will not be able to hide it and it may not last forever but you can do that yourself.

If you don't want to mess with it get a tile guy for a more permanent fix.

i would find a way to lower the water level, let it dry thoroughly, clean it up really well by getting the old grout out and then use sanded grout to reset the tiles back in place. You will not be able to hide it and it may not last forever but you can do that yourself.

If you don't want to mess with it get a tile guy for a more permanent fix.

I will definitely not be lowering the water as I have no good way to refill it, can this wait till closing time? Also the grouting part I can manage but what about the chip in the gunite? Can I fill that in somehow, do they even sell this material for small patch jobs?

If you are not losing any water, then wait till you are ready to close it for the season or just before you open next season.

I see plenty of pools with missing tiles and they operate just fine.

Closing time it is then, when I open my pool is full of water ( I am opening it now) so that would not work. I let snow and rain fill it back up during winter/spring. Does anyone know if you can purchase plaster/gunite kits to fill small gaps like this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.