S2tpshelly

Hello! I am excited to have found this forum. I wish I had thought of looking for it years ago...

I am from San Diego, CA. I am a first time home/pool owner for 5 years now. Upon moving into my forclosure purchase the pool has been an ongoing drain to my wallet. From replacing the Filter system, rewiring and replacing the lighting (3 times and still doesnt work), decking was installed incorrectly without coping- causing cracking of the decking, plaster breaking off in chunks and now a massive leak in the plumbing... Yesterday I finally decided to let the pool empty on its own until I can get the financing to get it redone. I have had several 'professionals' come out over the years and it is very frustrating to meet so many on different spectrums of knowledge and advice. It is so difficult to find one person I can trust and depend on to not take advantage of my clueless-ness.

So here I am to learn as much as I possibly can as I move forward with renovating my backyard.

It is a wonderful backyard with a mountain and city view. There is already a outdoor BBQ and firepit built, though, like the pool, poorly done.

My current plan is to have all of the decking removed, plumbing fixed then decking replaced with proper coping. I would like the pool to be resurfaced with peble tech/sheen. I would also like to resurface the current firepit and grill area. I know this all adds up quickly so I want to make the wisest decisions as possible. I will be browsing your current threads and hope to get more familiar with the latest information on remodels :)

Thank you for having me

Shelly