Brick, New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I have a smaller pool and I run my pump for 3 hours a day (My pump turns over my pool water ~ every 67 min (I think)) and my FC is about 2 (everything is good, CC is <0.5). My cell is at 50%. So the general question is, is it better to increase my run time (to 4 hours) or to increase my cell output (to 60-70%)?

Hi Friguy,
the answer is to do which best suits you.

If you increase our run time, it will cost you a little bit of electricy.
If you increase your output, it will shorten the overall life span of the cell.

So, its sort of a trade off in that respect.

If you have a 2 speed pump, then the most logical answer would be lengthen the run time because of the extreme efficience of a 2 speed over a single speed. A couple extra hours of low speed would not cost much at all.

Increasing run time also shortens the cell life. It will only put out a finite amount of chlorine over its life span. So either way shortens life span.

How clean and crystal clear is your water? Do you need the extra filter time?

Water is crystal clear, cya and all my other numbers were good (sorry don't have them in front of me)

---the main general question is, for a SWCG and chlorine levels, would you increase pump time (I guess youd do that if you want more cleaning time too) or would you increase the cell output, or does it not matter. If youre at 3hours at 50%. Are 4 hours at 50% equal to 3 hours at 67%. Both equal 2 hours of chlorine production time. Is one better than the other?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.