Reconnected thermistor wires on June 12, 2015
- Found my pool heater failed to ignite in May 2015. It was working last winter. This is a Teledyne Jaars Series 1 EPC II 400 unit, see Pic.1.
- Opened the front panel and cleaned mouse nest and debris earlier, and spotted two wires hanging freely. Suspected mouse bites. See Pic. 2.
- Found manual from the web: EPCEPSSeries1.pdf. Used a multimeter to trouble shoot on Section 5 Page 13.
- In Step 3, followed the instructions to replace temperature sensing bulb under figure 30, after removing the Top Assembly, found the other two ends of cut wires on the top left of the panel openings.
- Reconnect two black wires to the Thermistor, and the heater is back to life.
The black-yellow wire out of the temperature control was also bitten badly by mouse. Use electronic tape to reinforce it. Also cleaned a a lot of debris and prepared mouse trap to remove future mouse threats.