Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any idea on size of box for Intex 18'x48" Ultra Frame?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any idea on size of box for Intex 18'x48" Ultra Frame?

Hello, everyone. My husband and I are debating on getting our first pool in the next week or so, but since we don't own a truck or anything, we are limited on what we are able to pick up from the store and having one shipped to our house ends up adding almost $100 or more.

We are considering the Intex 18'x48" from Walmart since it is only $349.00 Intex 18 Ultra Frame Swimming Pool - Walmart.com. All of the stores around us have been out of any pools that are not 42" so I haven't been able to visually check out the size of the box the Intex 18'x48" pool comes in. I also have had no luck finding box dimensions on any store websites. Would anyone here happen to have this pool style and still have the box and be able to post measurements for me?

Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Any idea on size of box for Intex 18'x48" Ultra Frame?

You will need a truck probably to haul it. My box was fairly big and I have a smaller pool.
    Maybe you can borrow a truck to pick it up or rent one for a few hours.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an ENVOY and the 16x48 JUSTTTT fit in back with seats
    folded down. Surely you know someone with a truck. Almost thoight I was gonna need
    my truck but it fit. So that tells u what your gonna need! Or find a small trailer if u have a hitch

- - - Updated - - -

You're in Kentucky. Surely you can find a moonshiner with a truck
    16x48 intex ultraframe. 5300 +or-
    cheapo intex filter for now.
    Taylor k2006.
    Working on the partial wrap around deck
    NEED to add a skimmer!

4. Back To Top    #4

We are military family and really don't know enough people here yet, especially anyone that we can just ask to borrow truck from lol

I saw that the box for the Coleman 18'x48" would fit fine in our hatchback because it is longer than it is wider and was just curious if the Intex 18'x48 was the same way. We do not want the Coleman however because it is selling at 549.00 compared to the current price of the Intext at 349 which includes almost everything we need from the get go.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Home Depot here rents small trucks for $20
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

maybe you could open the box in the parking lot and unpack the parts and fold up the box? maybe it would fit that way?
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

After several date changes of delivery and then store associates looking for an hour, we finally have our pool. The box fit fine in the car and actually could have probably fit the 22'x52" that I really wanted. After waiting a few days for nicer weather, we are finally going to start pool set up now.

I will be back soon for recommendations for filters :/