Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is it in the photo?

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

What is it in the photo?

The bottom device connects to two actuators. The middle transformer is to supply 24V (AC) to the bottom device. What is the top device?

I have a dual timers. Just wonder if I can use the timers to automate the actuators...

Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Hayward salt system. Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is it in the photo?

Looks like this is the relay. If you can do a photo from the side (left and right), I can see it better.
    12.5K gal, above-ground oval, 1.5 HP Waterway pump, 150 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaTrol SWG, TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Chicago, Ill

Re: What is it in the photo?

The top one is a relay, probably for a motor or a larger load. Here is a link to one on McMasterCarr: McMaster-Carr

If you are comfortable with electricity you can grab a non conductive item, like a marker, and push on the black part where the two silver rivets are in the center of the relay. This will activate whatever it controls.. maybe a pump or lights?