First Time Pool Owners...Lost Lost Lost!!

I just finished all the testing for our initial test with the proper testing supplies. These were the results:

FC- 2ppm I am unsure if I should increase this now or wait a couple of days since we will be starting up the SWG tomorrow morning.

TA- 170ppm It says the goal should be 60-90...I'm not sure how to lower this one

PH- 7.5ppm

Did I miss anything? Should we add more chlorine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished all the testing for our initial test with the proper testing supplies. These were the results:

FC- 2ppm I am unsure if I should increase this now or wait a couple of days since we will be starting up the SWG tomorrow morning.

TA- 170ppm It says the goal should be 60-90...I'm not sure how to lower this one

PH- 7.5ppm

Did I miss anything? Should we add more chlorine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add chlorine even if you're starting the SWG soon. Best to keep it at that minimum level just so that no problems develop now that you're so close. What's a jug of bleach cost, after all?

To lower TA...

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

TA by itself isn't a big deal, but it makes it more likely that your ph will rise in the future. Not sure if TA, affects the SWG though, so might want to get that under control before turning it on.

It is important to always keep your chlorine level above the minimum level for your CYA level to keep your pool sanitized and stop algae from growing. Chlorine CYA Chart

Nothing wrong with lowering TA, but I would be inclined to give the pool a month or so to get settled in and see how PH behaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.