Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silly Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Silly Question

This probably sounds ridiculous but I'm going to ask anyway...

Do I HAVE to vacuum?

The nearest leafed trees from my pool are about 600 feet away. I don't think there has ever been a leaf or a twig in the pool. Occasionally tiny clusters of dirt accumulate, but I have to look very hard for them. I've been vacuuming once a week anyway, just because I feel like a should. But do I have to vacuum if the bottom isn't visibly dirty?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
    18'x32' Oval Radiant - 15,000 gallons - Semi Inground (built into hill) - vinyl liner.
    Doughboy Powerline XP1 2Hp Dual Speed Pump
    Doughboy Silica II Sand Filter
    Installed 6/20/2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Silly Question

No, you don't have to vacuum if you don't see anything that needs vacuuming. However, you should regularly brush the pool bottom and sides with either a pool brush or have a pool cleaner that does it for you most of the time.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Not really. But, you do want to brush it occasionally to ensure that algae doesn't get a head start on you.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! I will get to brushin'!!!
    18'x32' Oval Radiant - 15,000 gallons - Semi Inground (built into hill) - vinyl liner.
    Doughboy Powerline XP1 2Hp Dual Speed Pump
    Doughboy Silica II Sand Filter
    Installed 6/20/2014