Sand filter pressure?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
I have a sand filter; this is only the 2nd yr of use. After backwashing for almost 4 min and rinsing for over 2, I was able to get it down to 13 or 14...but never to the original starting point of 9 or 10. Pressure is stable and has been for several days. Both baskets are clean, water is flowing in and out, no excess noise from the pump, and gauge is not cracked or foggy. The water is clear, no algae. My questions: does it ever go back to the "brand new" reading, around 9 or 10? Do I still use the brand new reading to judge when I need to backwash or the new number? Thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk

Thank you both, I had actually bookmarked that link about 2 weeks ago...I thought it was interesting how all that junk accumulates (and gross lol).

I did think it was interesting that my pressure goes down about 1-2 psi when I have the main drain closed. I don't know if this is significant but I thought it would be the opposite. (My main drain was open when I wrote the original post...everything is still around 13-14 psi).

Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.