Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Modified 2.5 gallon chlorine jug

1. Back To Top    #1

Seminole, FL

Modified 2.5 gallon chlorine jug

I get my chlorine from pinch-a-penny in 2.5 gallon jugs. When they are full and I try to pour out into my measuring jug, I get chlorine every where.

Here's my solution. I bought a plastic faucet off Amazon that has washers and a locking nut, drilled through one of the spare jug caps and hey presto! Works good so far, but don't know what 10% chlorine is going to do to the soft rubber washers over time, although I'll only use the modded cap when I need to add CL. It needs a relief vent but I can't drill through the back of the jug, as I need to exchange it for a fresh one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Modified 2.5 gallon chlorine jug

Hey, that's handy.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Modified 2.5 gallon chlorine jug

Love the upside down label warning "do not tip"!
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004