My 2013 Blue Pearl just crapped out

Wow that thing didn't last long before it completely stopped working. Luckily, I bought it used for just $130 from the original owner about 90 days ago. She bought it new at Lowes for close to $1000 in the spring of 2013. I would think a $1000 item would last at least 2 seasons before it died & needed repairs?

I will say that it worked 500% better than that piece of junk polaris 360 I had before it. My pool has never looked better.

Anyway, I just ordered a Dolphin Triton from Sunplay.com I really hate paying $800+ for a pool vacuum but after seeing what the blue pearl did, I can;t live without one. I hope this dolphin lasts longer than my blue pearl.

unnamed (17).jpgunnamed (18).jpg

I don't know what a blue pearl is, nor do I know anything about any other robots. I have a Polaris 280 that I'm fairly content with. Good luck with the triton. What happened to the blue pearl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned a Blue Diamond for about 10 years now and it works just fine. There are a couple of things that can cause it to stop suddenly however. Check the impeller on the top, a piece of sand or some accumulated hair can stop it. Check the belts on each side for wear or missing teeth. If there is a dealer near you they will do these tasks and repair it for a lot less than a new robot costs.

Jim

What is it you expected them to say, Sorry for your loss ??

I'm curious if or why you didn't check it out for repair instead of shelling out eight hundred for a new cleaner ?? I agree it broke down way to early but it might be something jammed in there or a cheap part.

BTW, nice looking layout. The lounge chairs are out in the sun but is the rest of the deck area screened ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.