Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex timer switch failed, but on/off switch OK

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex timer switch failed, but on/off switch OK

I have an Intex 633T and the timer portion of the switch no longer works. Fortunately the on/off portion of the switch does work. I will probably get a timer like the Brinks Outdoor Timer but thought I'd ask here if anybody knew of a fix.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex timer switch failed, but on/off switch OK

I'm sorry I don't have a fix for the Intex timer, but I bought this so I could manually cycle the filter (vacuum, backwash, etc) without resetting the Intex timer "window".

It's able to handle 15A/0.75 (3/4) HP and can be programmed many different ways.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mexico, MO

Check your local craigslist, for used Intex pumps your size and larger. Quite often, the motor has gone kaput. The timer circuit is a small board inside the motor housing, and is easily swapped out.

You can even put an add on any local swap site letting people know you will take their old non working pumps.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Edmond OK

I don't use the timer on my Intex pump either. I use an external timer instead. But I had to remove the GFCI plug from the pump because the timer caused it to trip every time it turned on. My entire circuit is also GFCI protected at the house.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"