Cool Quick Question on lowering PH

Today's numbers.

pH 7.8
    Chlorine 4
    CC0
    TA 100
    CH 120
    CYA 30

Water is sparkling and 78 degrees, the leak is fixed and the new skimmer line works like a charm

My pH has crept up and i need to lower it. Should i go down to 7.2 in 2 steps?? or just shoot for 7.4?

TA is 100 which is a touch higher than past years but has been stable this year. How much will it be impacted?
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick Question on lowering PH

How confident are you of your pool's volume?

If you're certain of it, there's no reason not to target 7.2. If there's any doubt, aim a little higher.

If you plug all your numbers into poolmath to get the acid dose and then scroll down to Effects of Adding Chemicals, you can enter the acid dosage and it will tell you how much it will impact pH and TA. Bothe are an approximation, so don't be alarmed if the pH drop isn't exactly what the calculator above figured.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quick Question on lowering PH

I am 99 percent confident so i will do 75 percent to start. Thanks !

21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner