Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Vinyl Liner for Inground Pool Installed- Problem Discovered Need Advice

1. Back To Top    #1

New Vinyl Liner for Inground Pool Installed- Problem Discovered Need Advice

Hello. I hired a company to replace my inground liner this week. Everything went well until we went in yesterday. My wife discovered a rock or Screw that they failed to remove prior to putting down the new liner in the shallow end They missed it with the shopvac unfortunately. The company is coming to look at it next week.

Has anyone had a similar situation or advice? My initial thoughts/questions are as follows....

1) I think there is no way around emptying the entire pool again... Correct?

2) Can the liner that was just installed be uncompromised during the removal or should I demand another brand new liner? I am concerned there will be stress on the liner in the removal process and the seal will not be as tight if he were to try to reapply it.

So I am leaning towards insisting on a brand new liner be installed, since that is what I paid for... not for one to be installed, uninstalled and then installed again. Other thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Vinyl Liner for Inground Pool Installed- Problem Discovered Need Advice

Welcome to TFP

I'm not sure what they normally do in these situations, but I wouldn't be happy either. Let us know how it comes out. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Vinyl Liner for Inground Pool Installed- Problem Discovered Need Advice

Reinstalling a brand new liner should be fine.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!