How do you reset calibration of Jandy PLC1400 SWG ?

HouTX

Apr 13, 2015
Houston, TX
I have been going by the salt readings on my Jandy remote and just noticed that there is a hand written note on the pool control panel that says "Calibrated +700", from the prior owner / maintenance company. I would like to rest this to factory settings as I don't trust the company they used. I read the Jandy SWG manual and it shows how to calibrate it, but not how to reset a prior calibration. Additionally, do I have to remove the screws and get behind the Aqualink pool control panel to get to the SWG controls ?

First you need to know what the actual salt reading in the pool is by testing it with something other than the system. Like a test strip or you pool store. Than when you know that. Hold down the salt shaker button for 3 beeps. When you first press it that is first beep. After 3rd beep let up and press temp button once. Than use the up and down arrows to change it to what is is. Than press temp button once to lock it at this reading. Post again to let me know if you need more.

I would do as Conrad suggests EXCEPT not to use a test strip. Get the water/salt tested with an electronic tester. The only way to return the unit to pre-calibration setting is to "re-calibrate" it.

Note: You were fortunate to have a tech working on that unit to note that he re-calibrated it, AND by how much. It might be worth some digging to try and find them for future work. The unit may have been re-calibrated when the sensor began to fail, and the previous owner didn't want to replace the sensor (over $350.00 through B&M shops). Understandable, but that fix probably wouldn't have lasted long. Perhaps the tech was just trying to be accommodating to the owner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.