Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG beeping

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG beeping

My fairly new (2 week old) intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110 seems to be running, then it beeps with no error code, the green salwater generation light goes out and then comes back on blinking for a few seconds and then goes back to generating chlorine. This happens about every 10 minutes or so, and the time remaining never seems to change, at least so far.

Has anyone had this happen?
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex SWG beeping

Don't know, butnwenhave plenty of index SWG owners here and they will weigh in soon I imagine. Best of luck!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Its like it resetting, maybe a bad wire in the cord. I just rearranged the cord to see if that fixes it.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Yes, it sounds like you are losing power periodically. Check the GFCI on the end of the cord. Mine had a crack in it that let water leak in and shorted it out. I just removed it and put on a regular plug, since the entire circuit was already on a GFCI at the house
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

5. Back To Top    #5

i would think if it was losing power, it would lose the setting of how many hours to run. I knw the power is contant because my pump is on similar circuit and the pump is running fine.
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

No, they retain the timer setting thru a power off. I have mine on an external timer that cuts all power to the unit, and then set the SWG to run for an hour each time the external timer turns it on, and it remembers this setting.

Since your timer never counts down, it is probably resetting the time it thinks it has been running back to zero each time it loses power.
    Pentair IC40 SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

This thing is new so I'll probably send it back, but I'm thinking you may be correct. When it quits raining, I'll go look at the gfci. Like yours, mine is on a GFCI circuit also.
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

8. Back To Top    #8

I went and checked the GFI unit on the swg. It was hot to the tough. I pressed the test button and reset it and then turned the unit back on to run for two hours. One hour later it showed only one hour remaining, so it didnt reset. I may make a platic box of some kind to house the GFI so that it doesnt get wet.

Thanks for the reccommendation jeffchap!!
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Glad to help. Hope that fixes it for you.
    Pentair IC40 SWG