Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this true: When FC drops but CC doesn't rise...

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this true: When FC drops but CC doesn't rise...

...the FC was removed from the pool due to sunlight and/or evaporation not from killing algae or other organics.

Is this always true? I ask because I have gone two days straight passing the ONCT but now on my third I see that my FC dropped 1.5 ppm but I have had 0 CC since passing my first ONCT (I mean zero zero...).
    20x40 L-shape 35k gallons, Pentair FNS 60 SQFT DE Filter, Pentair Multi-port Valve, Hayward Super Pump w/1 glorious HP, Vinyl Liner, Dolphin Z5, TF-100 w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this true: When FC drops but CC doesn't rise...

You seem to have two threads going. But here's what I said in the other one:

Good to hear your water is clear. Yes, your FC will drop naturally each day based on the amount of sunlight it gets and organic matter it has battled against. Having a CC level of zero is good (ideal in fact) and just means that your water is in a very good place right now. We all lose FC each day differently, so over time we learn how much we expect to replenish each day. Does that help you?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!