Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello All

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello All

Hi all,

I registered today because I am going to renovate my pool after 10 years. I will be doing this bit by bit, over a period of a few years. Don't expect me to be a 100% every day looking member of the forums, so if you should need me, pm me. I am 55 years old and studied electronics but not using it actively anymore. My daytime job as a technician is reparing pc's/laptops/ ... . Renovation over the years will be not in right order:
    1) isolating my pool and putting a new liner into it.
    2) automating and renewing solar pool heating
    3) perfectionise and repair plumbing
    4) refresh the deck and pool borders.

The reason I am here is because I was looking to automize with a Raspberry Pi.

I hope to learn a lot here and to bring my two cents whenever I can.

Happy hobby'ing,

Ronny.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello All

Hello Ronnie! You sound like someone with a lot of experience and capabilities. Between your motivation/experience, and the pool experts here at TFP, you should be able to attain that goal. Thanks for joining and keep in touch as much as you like.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

you can do a lot with those raspberry PI's
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

I know, only I work rather sporadic with Linux, but eventually we'll get where we want to be. I want to do the automatisation myself because of costs. If you look around, the commercial solar steerings with 3-way faucets alone are rediculous expensive. Combine that with the thought "I can do that too, but a lot cheaper and with more possibilities", and we're started.
    Round pool 5.5m diameter, 1.2m deep, Mega pump SS050 (13m/h)
    To be done:
    20m solar heating PE, automatic pool heating
    isolation pool, new liner
    renovation deck

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome Gyro!!! I'm a fellow "geek". Systems analyst, but unfortunately Windows server support, Vmware, and only a little linux. Previously I was an avionics tech in the U.S. Navy for 13 years. Sooo, whatever you come up with I'd be glad to see and hope to replicate I've already started buying more automation than I realistically need, but DIY is much more fun!!!
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.