Inline clorinator?

Congrats on the new pool!

We are not fans of using pucks as the primary source of chlorine. Pucks add CYA to pool and it will eventually get so high yhat you chlorine will be ineffective and you will have to do partial drains and refills to dilute the CYA. A Stenner pump or a Liquidator are popular choices for dosing liquid chlorine. And saltwater is another popular choice for chlorinating pools. An inexpensive Intex s
SWG might be a good option to give a try.

Here is an article from Pool School about How to Chlorinate Your Pool

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Given your location in Maine, I am going to guess your season is pretty short and you get rain and you will have to partially drain for the winter, right?
If so, you very well could get by with using the trichlor tablets. But, you need to learn what all they do to your pool and then need to monitor your rising CYA level and ensure that your FC stays high enough so you do not end up with a swamp in August.

I love the Liquidator but your pool may be on the large size for what people say it is capable of keeping up with during the summer. I love just dumping the chlorine in and leaving it alone for a week or more. If this ever becomes a problem, I would go with a Stenner pump. I have had the SWCG and, for me, I never really got the feed rate correct and it seemed more troublesome than beneficial. However, lots of forum members have the SWCG and love it. It's all based on preference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.