Newbie has question about chlorine

ptintenn

Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Bartlett, TN
Hi. We recently drained and refilled our IG 22000g guinite pool. This is my first year to follow the TFP method and it has been great! In fact things are going to good which has me worried that maybe it really isn't correct :). 4 days ago I added a gallon and a half of bleach, added baking soda, stabilizer in a sock and then the next day Borax. My numbers have been good except for CH (very low) and I just bought some to add. CYA is a tad low but from what I have read it takes about a week to kick in. My main concern/ question is my chlorine level today (3 days since adding bleach) is still 4. Which is my target level. But shouldn't I be having to add chlorine daily? Or is it possible that because my pool is is shade most of the day it just isn't being burned up? My pool is crystal clear and looks great but it seems to good to be true. Lol.

Sounds like you're one of the few who's pool is in a very efficient stage right now based on position, sun, etc, that FC simply isn't being consumed as quickly as other pools in the country. If you've been comfortable with the Taylor kit for some time now, I'm assuming your readings should be accurate. Any idea how old the reagent(s) are?

However to be safe, you're welcome to post a full set of numbers for us to compare - just in case.

It was 8.25% bleach that I added. And the Taylor k 2006 kit I am using I just purchased and the agents don't expire till late 2016. I appreciate your comments. I guess I am just shocked how well my pool has turned out without having to spend big $$$$ like I usually spend at the pool store. I am so glad I found this site and for all the information and input! Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.