Doing repairs -- How to release water from solar collectors/panels (without wasting)

pre

Jun 16, 2013
Bay Area, Calif
Hi folks,

Pretty standard in-ground pool setup:
BuWx9ZP.png

I have a leaky three-way valve/manifold that I'd like to replace the gaskets/o-rings on. Additionally, a bit of a leak in one of the ABS pipe unions/connectors. I'm looking to do some fixes, but will need to release the water from the solar collectors back down to the pool. Is there an easy trick folks may recommend? We're in drought country (California), so would like to conserve as much of the water accumulated in the solar collectors as possible.

I was thinking about heading to the roof and opening up the system at the relief valve to break the vacuum to purge the system, but if there's an easier way on the ground, I'd love to try it out!

Thanks

So, your 3 way valve isn't a solar valve that has a small hole and drains back after the valve is closed? How about manually opening the 3 way valve? That should allow it to drain down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.