Omnilogic not maintaining internet connection

Jun 29, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
New OmniLogic installed. It is hardwired to internet. On the iphone app and android app it shows two lightning bolts in the upper right (meaning the omnilogic is disconnected from network/internet) for about 10 seconds then they dissapear for about 30 seconds (back connected to network), then disconnected for 10 seconds......etc.

FWIW, if I login via a computer the lightning bolts never show and it looks like it is staying connected (not sure if there is an indicator on the web app that shows it is disconnected).

I have restarted router, restarted the omnilogic, tested the cat 5 cable using a laptop by the omnilogic.

I spoke with Hayward tech....we troubleshooted to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Mine did the same thing, but after an omnilogic restart it seems to be fixed now, the little yellow lightning bolts were driving me crazy. I'm still having a few bugs on the app, the lights don't want to cooperate, I can turn them on and off, but doesn't want to change colors, they change fine if I use the main panel. I think Hayward still has some bugs to work out in the app

FWIW, I just had an Omni installed. I too got the lightning bolts the other day on the computer, ipad, and iphone. I'm hardwired. Went to the panel and saw it still had an IP address from the DHCP server. Unplugged the Ethernet cable, saw Omni drop it's IP, plugged it back in, and all working fine now. Kind of odd.

Having the similar connection lightning bolt issues as the first poster. But, I'm not hard wired.

Even with the lightning bolts on the screen I can still remotely control the equipment. It drives me crazy these bolts appear because I immediately think I have lost connection. But sometimes I can still control the equipment and sometimes I can't.

I love my Omnilogic - but, there are definitely some bugs that need working out. It would be awesome to have an Omnilogic thread where these mutually experienced issues and be discussed!

I had similar issues. I purchased a longer CAT outdoor Ethernet cable and relocated my HWLAN antenna closer to my router and never get the yellow connection arrows. You can check your signal on the OmniLogic panel by looking in “WiFi bridge”. If the signal is not excellent you may want to think about moving your antenna.

I had similar issues. I purchased a longer CAT outdoor Ethernet cable and relocated my HWLAN antenna closer to my router and never get the yellow connection arrows. You can check your signal on the OmniLogic panel by looking in “WiFi bridge”. If the signal is not excellent you may want to think about moving your antenna.

While this post is a bit dated, it contains some relevant info. Your latest info might prove valuable to someone. Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Ironically, I have been having trouble with the VS Omni Set up. It keeps loosing connection, wont turn on pool light, app says things are on when they aren’t, etc.

My PB has a “ticket” open with Hayward to figure out the bugs. They think it’s more related to the Hayward server not communicating than just the WiFi connection.

I’ll keep this post updated.

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Aquarite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED, Dolphin M400 robot, TF-100/K-1766

When I had such thing I restarted the Omnilogic and everything continued to work, but it was for an hour and something, after that everything repeated. I didn’t want it to work in a such way, so I tried to fix it, after a short period of time I understood that the problem is not in the Omnilogic, it is in the internet provider. I tried to fix it with manager from the service I use, but it didn’t work and I changed my old provider on usave. Now all works with no stops and problems. So, sometimes better verify the provider instead trying to repair everything else.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.