Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Omnilogic not maintaining internet connection

1. Back To Top    #1

Omnilogic not maintaining internet connection

New OmniLogic installed. It is hardwired to internet. On the iphone app and android app it shows two lightning bolts in the upper right (meaning the omnilogic is disconnected from network/internet) for about 10 seconds then they dissapear for about 30 seconds (back connected to network), then disconnected for 10 seconds......etc.

FWIW, if I login via a computer the lightning bolts never show and it looks like it is staying connected (not sure if there is an indicator on the web app that shows it is disconnected).

I have restarted router, restarted the omnilogic, tested the cat 5 cable using a laptop by the omnilogic.

I spoke with Hayward tech....we troubleshooted to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions.
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Omnilogic not maintaining internet connection

Mine did the same thing, but after an omnilogic restart it seems to be fixed now, the little yellow lightning bolts were driving me crazy. I'm still having a few bugs on the app, the lights don't want to cooperate, I can turn them on and off, but doesn't want to change colors, they change fine if I use the main panel. I think Hayward still has some bugs to work out in the app

3. Back To Top    #3

About a day after my original post, the connection with omnilogic seems to have resolved itself. Would have been nice to know what the problem was........but this time I wont.
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

FWIW, I just had an Omni installed. I too got the lightning bolts the other day on the computer, ipad, and iphone. I'm hardwired. Went to the panel and saw it still had an IP address from the DHCP server. Unplugged the Ethernet cable, saw Omni drop it's IP, plugged it back in, and all working fine now. Kind of odd.
    IG 13,000 gal, WetEdge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Ecostar VS main pump, Hayward Tristar VS feature pump, Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Sense & Dispense (pH only), Stenner 45MPHP22 bleach, Hayward H400FDN Heater, Hayward Color UCL lights, Pentair LED Bubblers. TF-100 XL test kit. Test Results. Build Thread.

5. Back To Top    #5

Having the similar connection lightning bolt issues as the first poster. But, I'm not hard wired.

Even with the lightning bolts on the screen I can still remotely control the equipment. It drives me crazy these bolts appear because I immediately think I have lost connection. But sometimes I can still control the equipment and sometimes I can't.

I love my Omnilogic - but, there are definitely some bugs that need working out. It would be awesome to have an Omnilogic thread where these mutually experienced issues and be discussed!
    Gallons 13,860 / IG Pebble / Hayward OmniLogic / Hayward Swim Clear Filter / Hayward EcoStar / Hayward TriStar VS (for water features) / Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump / Date of build 3/11/16 / Other features: Spa / Hayward Colorlogic LED lights (2 in pool / 1 in spa) / Pentair LED Bubblers (2 one on each sun shelf) / Pentair Color Cascade Laminars (4 around pool) / Taylor K-2006 Test Kit