Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 false high salt light

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 false high salt light

What would cause the high salt light to flash when the salt is not high? The board says salt level at 9900ppm!

All other lights on IC40 are green. FC at 1.5.

I tested using a salt strip and reading was 750ppm! Shouldn't it have shut off at that level?

The IC40 was just installed last fall.

Pool guy came out last Saturday and said it was working fine. Obviously not.

Salt = 830
    FC = 1.5
    TA = 120
    CYA = 30
    26K, IG vinyl, Intelliflo VST 2, Intellichlor IC40, Tagelus TA60 sand filter, Pentair Easy Touch Control Panel, Automatic Pool Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: IC40 false high salt light

It could be a bad cell, but I doubt it. The cell needs about 2800 ppm of salt to work at all, with 3400 being the ideal measurement. 750 or 830 ppm is so low that I would suspect that the Easy Touch just sees it as an error. I'd add the necessary salt to bring it up to 3400 (using a salt test kit or strips), let it run overnight, and see what the IC40 reports the next day.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Please update your location so we can see what climate you are in. What is the water temp?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I wonder whether you might want to use a more accurate salt tester.
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.