TA during a slam?

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
I am 48 hours into a SLAM. Here is my current chemistry using the TF100 test kit. Being new to the TF100, I also went by the pool store to confirm numbers, and our results were pretty close.

FC 41
CC 1
CH 225
TA 290
CYA 40

I was working to a target FC of 26 based on a CYA of 65 done by the pool store and using a basic kit while awaiting the TF100 and estimating FC through dilution. That is why my FC is so high. When I got CYA of 40 with the TF100 after getting 65 at the pool store, I went by the pool store to confirm, and they came up with 40 also. I know I need to let my FC come down to a new target of 16 and will do so.

I also know I need to get my TA down, especially since my CSI by poolmath is 0.44 and close to trouble. It got that way trying to raise the pH from 6.7 after a bunch of dichlor thanks to the pool store advice before I found TFPC (thank God).

My question is whether or not I can or should work the TA during the slam or leave it alone until I am complete.

By the way, the water has improved dramatically since I started the SLAM (thank you TFPC). When I started, I could not see my hand 12" below the surface. Now I can see the bottom in the shallow end and the robot faintly in the bottom of the deep end.

Thanks

Besides, you can not fix your TA right now. The only way to fix TA is to add muriatic acid. You add to drop your pH to 7.0-7.2, and then allow it to aerate to raise it back up. Then repeat the process over and over again.

The issue is, your pH test will give you false readings when your FC is above 10. You will be going totally blind, much like you were with your CYA before. Guessing what it is and knowing what it is can yield wildly different results.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it was my pleasure! It is nice to have people actually listen to advise. Many on here ask for it then do the exact opposite. Puzzles me everytime!?!?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.