broken impeller shaft!

Jun 12, 2015
bountiful
I just bought a new impeller for my summer escapes f1500c pool pump and the ceramic impeller in the center broke! this is the second time this has happened to me (last time i was trying to fix the pump and my boyfriend dropped it and broke it) I am not going to buy a new impeller again, they aren't cheap. but i can't find a replacement impeller shaft anywhere! does anyone know where i can find one or what i can do to fix it? thanks for the help.

I just did a search and you are not alone, I found the following post on amazon and may help you more than replacing this piece..

I tried to call "PolyGroup", the people who manufacture the pool, but to no avail, after 150 times in one day of calling ... the line was busy.
I bought the Intex 2500 GPH pump system. It's very easy to hook up to your Summer Escapes Pool. Basically the hoses will fit on the Summer Escapes Pool fittings, -BUT- you must use the hose that originally came with the pool for parts.
I took the original hose, using a utility knife, cut the ends off of the hose (the flat ends that aren't rigid) and placed them over the fittings on the Summer Escapes Pool - that allows for the hoses from the Intex pump to fit perfectly, you will have to buy two clamps to tighten the hoses.
The Intex 2500 GPH pump is awesome and works well with our Summer Escapes Pool.
Hope this helps all of the people that are upset about the pump that PolyGroup (Summer Escapes Pools), manufacture.

with that said, you could buy this pump and filter for 65 dollars, but you have to replace the filters every 2 weeks and the cart filters don't get good reviews.. Amazon.com : Intex 2500-Gallon Filter Pump AC 110 to 120-Volt : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

If you can afford it maybe go with an intex 3000 gpm sand filter pump setup like this 168 dollars Amazon.com: Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 110-120 Volt with GFCI, 2800 Gallon: Patio, Lawn Garden you would need about 60/70 pounds of sand from lowes or a pool store

with this setup you could also go with a salt water system 99 dollars :) Amazon.com: Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools: Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.