Hello all, I'm certainly looking forward to getting educated, but more immediately, I need some serious advice regarding a less than desirable situation I'm in with my pool contractor.
Little about me, I'm 43yrs old, 19yrs active duty Navy, family of six.
I'm not sure how to say all that needs to be said but bottom line is this, I believe my pool contractor is dishonest at best; more likely he's just a crook, how can I severe ties with him?
Reasons why I don't want him on my property anymore:
1. Damaged my existing cinder block wall, has only repaired one of the two holes and has not patched gouges.
2. Damaged the stucco on my house(read hole in stucco), made repair but still has spider cracks from the damage.
3. Made the gate to my backyard to pool code(it did pass inspection) but the work is so poor and inconsistent it's actually dangerous(thin gauge metal/sharp edges bowed outward. I have 4 boys (one of them a 2yr old)
4. He made a square footage miscalculation on the pool plans (the graphical representation doesn't match the sqft number elsewhere on the document). He admitted it was his mistake but still wanted to charge us for the mistake to the tune of $1900. I said I would not pay him for that mistake as our pool budget is all we have to spend. He then started throwing his hands in the air, saying I was "so cheap" and then threatened to break the concrete out of my yard. He later said he wouldn't break the concrete out of my backyard but it was within his right to do so and because he lost money on the mistake he would no longer finish the side gate, fix the damage to the cinder block wall, or anything else he promised.
5. He also threatened several times to hold up the plaster for whatever reason suited him that day.
6. Lastly, he promises one day and then goes in the opposite direction the next.......
So here it is, I don't feel safe with him at my property and my wife alone. I am active duty military and gone quite abit. I have made all work payments to date. There is one last payment for plaster left. At this point I just want to dissolve to relationship and hire my own plasterer.
What options do I have?