Install SWG in return line or to the infloor system (caretaker 99).

jrue

Jun 16, 2014
Queen Creek/AZ
I'm replacing nearly all my equipment. I got to thinking if I should keep my SWG (new Pentair IC40) on the pool filter return lines or would it be better to have it plumbed into the caretaker system. My gut tells me to keep it on the pool returns as the high level of chlorine wreak havoc on the caretaker water valves? Thoughts?

Divin Dave,
I didn't think about that...if the infloor is down for a week......going green. I'll keep it going into the returns. I saw a post on TFP and it was installed on the infloor system (Paramount I believe) and that made me at lest question it.
Thanks all for the reply's.

I'm replacing nearly all my equipment. I got to thinking if I should keep my SWG (new Pentair IC40) on the pool filter return lines or would it be better to have it plumbed into the caretaker system. My gut tells me to keep it on the pool returns as the high level of chlorine wreak havoc on the caretaker water valves? Thoughts?
And put it in the pool return line after any valves going to the spa. You don't want the thing running when you're in spa mode whitening all your swimsuits.

And put it in the pool return line after any valves going to the spa. You don't want the thing running when you're in spa mode whitening all your swimsuits.

Hmm. Instructions say to install before the split to pool and spa, but I understand what you are saying. I have a Rainbow Inline chlorine feeder on my pool side return that I wanted to keep in case the SWG needed a boost (live in SW FL). However, I do not have enough room to have both after the split on the pool return. 1) I could re-plumb to keep both; 2) Put SWG before split; or 3) Remove Rainbow feeder and just use SWG.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.