Used 4 in1 shock as shock now have a cloudy milk looking pool.

Hi MP
I have tried your suggestion on several occasions to train myself on what the different results would be using 1 or 2 scoops in 10ml or 25ml.
I gave the pool a rest from chemicals for a few days. solar blanket off for sun bleaching out all Clorox.

This evening I put in a total of 10 jugs to reach a total of FC 18 & CC of 1, over several hours.
I have available on hand more than 24 jugs, just in case I would run out again.
I will test FC & CC in late afternoon tomorrow as I'm of to work at 05.00.
Pic of pool this evening after sun is down.
Product I have poured into the pool the last few weeks :p. Yes the pic is of empty boxes.

IMG_2421-c.jpg

Pool water is very clean now.
I will have to order more drops soon, used up more than 3/4 of the bottle R0871 during the learning curve.:(

Thank you all for the warm welcome & great support.

Stu

Hi Stu.

1) Try to do a quick check before 5:00 so FC doesn't drop too much while you are gone during the day. At least dump a jug or so (at your high rate of consumption). I know it's early...

2) Why did you decide to give your pool a "rest"?

3) Do me a favor and check the code on your bleach bottles. Usually something like 15125 which would be the 125th day of 2015. Thanks.

4) Before you order more 0871, check other reagents too. 2 bottles of 0871? CYA? Powder? Whatever seems low-ish. No sense in driving to the US more than you have to!

Pool is looking better! Good work!!!

Hi MP

*1 I did a quick test before retiring with the test strips from Insta Test 3 (good till 3/12) & AquaChek 4 pads (good till 2017/08 bought this year) Both very dark purple. Checked again in morning looked the same dark purple & I did pour in a jug of Clorox at 5am before heading of to work Knowing the sun would burn the chlorine off.

*2 Spent more time reading TFP & long 12h days at work plus commute. :confused:.

*3 Code on bottle of Clorox A315140-IL1 tried to up load pic but see I've maxed out. black printing on box illegible.

*4 We make a few trips a month as on outing in the middle of the week, (days off) I have a sister in Seattle.

Pool water looks fanatic & fells just great now. I had few neighbors over admiring the out come. They went home with the link to TFP.

results as of June 27 2015
FC 2.4
CC 0.4
PH 7.2
TA 100
CH 69
CYA NOT TESTED

Stu

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.