Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which Side of new Spider Gasket goes into Grooves? Smooth Side or Ridged Side?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which Side of new Spider Gasket goes into Grooves? Smooth Side or Ridged Side?

My new spider gasket has two different shaped side: a smooth side and a 'ridged' side. The pool store said to put the ridged side down into the grooves with the smooth side up. Videos I've seen have it the opposite, with the smooth side down into the grooved with the ridged side up. Need some advice on which side goes up. The multiport is a PAC-FAB SM-10-2 DE, 2". Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which Side of new Spider Gasket goes into Grooves? Smooth Side or Ridged Side?

How did your old one come out?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which Side of new Spider Gasket goes into Grooves? Smooth Side or Ridged Side?

It was so old and beat up, I couldn't tell.

4. Back To Top    #4

See if this parts diagram set helps. See hard copy page E20 (upper right corners) or page 4 of 35 electronic copy. Part number 10 and asterisk noting orientation on that model if it matches yours - ridges are down.

http://www.imperialpoolsb2b.com/cust...alog/sec-e.pdf
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.