Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dont' know who to believe???

1. Back To Top    #1

Dont' know who to believe???

Finally getting plaster on Monday(yahoo). But my PB says I can swim on Tuesday. Everything I have read on this site says 2 weeks minimum. Its suppose to be 110 degrees next week, so I'm getting flax from the wife an kids. My pool is built by presidential and were getting the upgraded finish :confused to premium plus.

Does anyone know what this is?
    do we have to wait 2 weeks it get in??

I don't want to ruin the finish
    any advice would help.

The city water coming out of the hose is 85 degrees, would this help cure the plaster faster?
    thx
    pool finished 6/17/2015 10000 ig plaster, Pentair 3hp pump, 420 cart filter, in floor cleaning, phoenix, az

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dont' know who to believe???

hm, we were told not to step on the surface while it filled because your skin oils could cause a permanent mark on the surface, but once it's full, it was fine.
    Just get your PB to put the timeline in writing, if there's an issue down the road you're covered.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

that's what they said, once it full on Monday, they come back Tuesday morning to add chemicals. Then dive in.

- - - Updated - - -

This is against every thread I have read at this site.
    thx
    pool finished 6/17/2015 10000 ig plaster, Pentair 3hp pump, 420 cart filter, in floor cleaning, phoenix, az

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello! You've probably already see this as well, but just in case ......Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Still as long as you have everything in writing, then they would be liable I suppose.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

yes I saw that and many others too, my confusion.
    thx

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, just about everything we post says to follow your pool builders recommendations to keep your warranty valid. If he tells you to swim and is willing to back it, you are going to have difficulty keeping ip the family out.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

The family is driving me nuts, and with next weeks temps ranging from 108 to 111, well you know its impossible.
    thx

8. Back To Top    #8

But it's a dry heat! Bwaahaaaa! I can say that originally being from Vegas and having been stationed at Luke for 6 years, I know.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL !!!!
    thx

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Do you have to agree to accept their chemicals? They might not be what TFP would recommend.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

I don't have much choice, I will be out of town on Tuesday, and the wife and kids don't know anything. It be ok till Wednesday when I get home.
    thx