Is it possible to program solar priming in Easytouch?

Leviny

Dec 7, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello all,
I have an easytouch controller with an intelliflo vs pump. I keep the pump on for 16 hours a day at 1000 rpm, and it takes about 3000 rpm for a minute or two to get all the bubbles out once the solar valve opens. then, I can slow it down to 2000 rpm and it keeps going with no problem. If I just ramp it up from 1000 to 2000 when the solar opens, it keeps blowing bubbles for a long time, which tells me the vacuum relief valve on the roof isn't closing.

Solution: when the solar valve opens, run at 3000 rpm for 1 minute, then at 2000 rpm until the valve closes.

How do you do this in easytouch? it doesn't seem to have it built in. I can create a feature, call it "solar priming", define it as 3000 rpm, and put it on an egg timer of 1 minutes But how do I tell the easytouch to run this feature when the solar valve opens?

Thanks!

Depending on how many solar panels you have, my concern is that you may not be getting optimal flow for heat exchange if running at only 2000 rpms. As a rule of thumb optimal flow will be around 4.5 GPM per 4x12 solar panel.

Good point. I have 6 panels, so that would indicate 27 gpm, and at 2000 rpm I'm getting appx 25 gpm with the solar open, so not enough. 2500 would provide 30 gpm, so I'll use that.
Is it correct to say that the vacuum valve is set close to this minimal flow, so if I achieve minimal flow, I should also have no problem priming?

But just for curiosity's sake, is there a way to program a short priming cycle?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.