Coping question

2baa77764bd050cdac2c24f91d5fd5e7.jpg
1db5895c2e6c73007f8e7654632c8796.jpg
5346dc263b1fe23576a6b96ebfffdffb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fist two are stone coping with stamped concrete deck and that's a liner pool. last is stamped coping with stamped deck on a concrete pool. Very simple pools but hope it gives you a idea. You can make your coping whatever color you want and can stamp it to look just like tile and pavers. I've seen a pool deck that was stamped and colored to look like wood flooring and it did lol. The options are endless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe anyone mentioned granite as a coping option, but that's what we're doing (along with granite decking). It's obviously a strong/durable material, and the thermal finish is very non-slip. Most shades are pretty light, and we ended up deciding to add an accent strip (Techo Bloc Blu60 pavers) in a dark color (Onyx Black) between the deck and the coping to break up the light color. You can do bullnose, or a thermal face (which we did as our pool has a lot of right angles).

No water in the pool yet, but here's a picture of the coping:

Thank you CoolPool! I like the look of the stamped and stained concrete. We are doing our own pool with a kit and the coping has to be stone. We didn't buy the right kit to do concrete coping. So we are definitely going with travertine coping. I just hadn't seen any pics of the travertine with concrete. In the first picture what pattern is that stamp? And do you remember what color that is? Is that the dye that you mix into the concrete when you're doing it and not the stain that's done afterwards? Sorry for all the questions! This is all new territory for us!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.