Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquapure 700 -> 1400

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquapure 700 -> 1400

I'm thinking of upgrading my Aquapure from a 700 to 1400 to let me cut down on the run times needed to maintain the chlorine level in a small spa. This is one of the older versions with the display/controls on the front of the control box.

Reading through the parts list, it looks like all I need replace is the back PCB board, as that is the only part that has separate numbers for 700 and 1400. And obviously I will need a new cell.

Am I correct in my assessment.

Cheers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquapure 700 -> 1400

That's correct. They use the same transformer and control/display board. Confirm...this is only to sanitize a spa, not the pool as well? How many gallons?

Also, to be sure, I would call Jandy (Zodiac) and make sure there isn't some secret switch that you have to flip after the conversion.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquapure 700 -> 1400

Quote Originally Posted by UN1017 View Post
    That's correct. They use the same transformer and control/display board. Confirm...this is only to sanitize a spa, not the pool as well? How many gallons?
    Yes, it's just a small spa, no pool, around 1,000 gallons, so it doesn't need a huge run-time in order to filter the water every day.

Cheers.