Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer suction question

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer suction question

I don't think my skimmers are doing the job they are capable of. I have a lot of debris/bugs on the surface of the water. The skimmer in the shallow end is suctioning well and skimming well it seems. There is lots of water movement inside the box. However, in the deep end skimmer the water is barely moving inside there and not near as much suction. Anything sound abnormal? Can I do anything to help. My water level is at the little arrows on the skimmer.
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Skimmer suction question

Do you have one of these in the bottom of the skimmer that's doing well?Skimmer equalizer.jpg
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Skimmer suction question

I've had the skimmer farther away from the pump seem to not work as well. I put my hand over the hole in the nearer skimmer to force more water flow through the other one and it seems to get things moving better again. Air, leaf, I don't know. Has only happened a couple of times.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach