Polaris 9300 wheels upgraded

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
I guess I've been lucky in that we have gone over 2 years with our Polaris 9300xi without a broken wheel. Well, our luck ran out last week. One of the rear wheels broke off.:(

I ordered 2 spare rear wheels and received them yesterday. I had seen the Youtube video of the guy reinforcing the wheels with Marine Epoxy. So, I have purchased some along with the curved tip syringes to apply it around the wheel hub.

When I looked at the new wheels, I noticed that Polaris has upgraded them. There are now 8 reinforcing pieces all around the hub which provide more plastic between the wheel and axle. I guess enough people complained, and Polaris took some action.

Even with the upgraded wheels, I still plan to apply the epoxy. :)

As requested, here is a picture of the old and new wheels. On the left is the broken wheel from our Polaris 9300xi bought in 2012. On the right is the new replacement wheel I received yesterday. You can see the 8 ribs that have been added which should strengthen the connection between the wheel and axle.

Old & New Polaris 9300 rear wheels.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.