Thanks to all for the advice in this forum!

nutria

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 20, 2015
Austin, TX
Hi all,
I haven't posted much in the forum but I have been reading it every day and applying the advice to the care of my own pool. Thanks to you guys I have sparkling blue water and we are ready to go swimming. Here are a couple of pics from before and after. Pay no attention to the apparent cloudiness of the long pool in the background. This picture was at a stage where the square pool was done slamming and the second was not quite but almost done. Thanks!!

Attachments

• greenpool.jpg
    greenpool.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 75
  • cleanpool.jpg
    cleanpool.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 73
Neat looking pool set up. I would love to see more pics!

Take and share a pic of your equipment and we should be able to tell you what you have and how it works.

How many wheelbarrow loads of leaves did you take out of that pool?

Kim

Thanks everybody! I still need a lot of help getting things set up but I am extremely happy that the first step (getting the water clear) has been successful . I will post some pics and see if I can get the experts here to weigh in on what equipment I have and how to get it in good shape. As a complete pool novice, this setup in our new house was pretty intimidating :)
I have learned a few things already:
1. I have two DE filters (one per pool). I learned how to clean them completely-thanks YouTube!- but I found that I have one busted pressure gauge, the o-rings need replacing, one of the grids has a quarter size hole.
2. There is a whole farm of pumps. Two main pumps , two booster pumps for Polaris things, and another pump that moves water from the lap pool to the square pool, which then can overflow.
3. There is a Polaris 280 that appears to do absolutely nothing. I have taken it out of the pool for the time being.
4. The square pool skimmers appear to have a lot more suction than the ones in the lap pool ... No idea why yet.
5. There are still a bunch of pull valves (I think that's what they are) that I have not the slightest clue what they are for.
And many more things ...
04865812099136f0b2d7aa6532de58a9.jpg

b55e3158c7191731dcc803618c727d9c.jpg

212ee7a32929835165414e1c74cf5d4c.jpg

b0f32834bf2b35dd9000a6ca5598db6b.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kim, I lost track of the gunk I scooped out ... There were a lot of bags of leaves, twigs and pollen. And then the Texas deluge happened and more stuff fell in ... Not complaining though, I am very grateful our house didn't have any damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.