Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks to all for the advice in this forum!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks to all for the advice in this forum!

Hi all,
    I haven't posted much in the forum but I have been reading it every day and applying the advice to the care of my own pool. Thanks to you guys I have sparkling blue water and we are ready to go swimming. Here are a couple of pics from before and after. Pay no attention to the apparent cloudiness of the long pool in the background. This picture was at a stage where the square pool was done slamming and the second was not quite but almost done. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG plaster pools built in 1985 (?): 16k(?) gallons lap pool (62'x8') connected by a spillover to 17k(?) gallons squarish pool (22.5'x18'). DE filters Pentair NS-48(x2), polaris 280 (non-functioning). Inline chlorinator [removed!] -> Circupool Si60 SWCG [Newly self installed March 2016!]. Recently acquired dolphin nautilus+ [Summer 2015]. Still figuring out what else I have and how things work.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks to all for the advice in this forum!

Hey neighbor! Nice to see pics of success stories. Enjoy your summer!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Neat looking pool set up. I would love to see more pics!

Take and share a pic of your equipment and we should be able to tell you what you have and how it works.

How many wheelbarrow loads of leaves did you take out of that pool?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Woohoo! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

How nice is that!?? Good job!!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everybody! I still need a lot of help getting things set up but I am extremely happy that the first step (getting the water clear) has been successful . I will post some pics and see if I can get the experts here to weigh in on what equipment I have and how to get it in good shape. As a complete pool novice, this setup in our new house was pretty intimidating
    I have learned a few things already:
    1. I have two DE filters (one per pool). I learned how to clean them completely-thanks YouTube!- but I found that I have one busted pressure gauge, the o-rings need replacing, one of the grids has a quarter size hole.
    2. There is a whole farm of pumps. Two main pumps , two booster pumps for Polaris things, and another pump that moves water from the lap pool to the square pool, which then can overflow.
    3. There is a Polaris 280 that appears to do absolutely nothing. I have taken it out of the pool for the time being.
    4. The square pool skimmers appear to have a lot more suction than the ones in the lap pool ... No idea why yet.
    5. There are still a bunch of pull valves (I think that's what they are) that I have not the slightest clue what they are for.
    And many more things ...

Thanks!

IG plaster pools built in 1985 (?): 16k(?) gallons lap pool (62'x8') connected by a spillover to 17k(?) gallons squarish pool (22.5'x18'). DE filters Pentair NS-48(x2), polaris 280 (non-functioning). Inline chlorinator [removed!] -> Circupool Si60 SWCG [Newly self installed March 2016!]. Recently acquired dolphin nautilus+ [Summer 2015]. Still figuring out what else I have and how things work.

7. Back To Top    #7

Kim, I lost track of the gunk I scooped out ... There were a lot of bags of leaves, twigs and pollen. And then the Texas deluge happened and more stuff fell in ... Not complaining though, I am very grateful our house didn't have any damage.

8. Back To Top    #8

You definitely have quite a set-up there. Wow. I applaud your efforts and am glad you find TFP helpful.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Wel, the best way to,say thanks short of inviting all of us over for a pool party is to become a supporter: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

10. Back To Top    #10

Finally got around to that

11. Back To Top    #11

Look at that! THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit