Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC test

1. Back To Top    #1

CC test

I have a TF-100 test kit. When I finished my FC test (7.5 today with a CYA of 50), I put in the 5 drops of R-0003 and it does not change color for about a minute. After a minute there is the slightest tinge of pink. I put in my one drop of R-0871 and it goes clear. Am I doing this right?

Thanks,

Ann

7.5 pH
    7.5 FC
    0.5 CC ?
    50 CYA
    275 CH
    80 TA
    Finishing SLAM from last week.
    Pool is clear and brilliant!
    Last edited by alexteek; 06-12-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    alexteek
    16x32' 13K, IG Tan Fiberglass, 1HP Superflo Pentair pump, Pentair 150 sq. ft. Cartridge, Polaris 360, Built November, 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: CC test

The solution should change back to pink just as soon as you put in the 5 drops of R-0003. That it did not indicates you have no CC's.

Ignore that return to pink after a minute.....it's not relevant to either test.
    Pool is clear and brilliant!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

If it didn't go pink right away after adding the R-003, you have zero CC.

The FAS-DPD test turns pink again if it sits too long. Ignore it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

The chlorine tests should be done as quickly as possible. In either case of FC or CC testing, if you let the clear solution sit for more than few seconds, it will turn back to pink. If it stays clear immediately after adding and mixing the R-0003 you have 0 CC.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah! That's a good thing. No CC's!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Yeah! That's a good thing. No CC's!
    Thanks all!

The last response is important too - I thought I had to figure out how to get it to .5 CC

Ready to swim again!! I have saved so much money this time. THANK YOU!

Ann
    alexteek
    16x32' 13K, IG Tan Fiberglass, 1HP Superflo Pentair pump, Pentair 150 sq. ft. Cartridge, Polaris 360, Built November, 2014