Intelliflow pump shuts off 15 minutes into spa mode

dvldog

Jan 1, 2014
Orange County, CA
Greetings, joined last year but this is first post. Since replacing primary pump (whisperflow 2hp) with intelliflow, pump consistently shuts off about 15 minutes into cycle when in spa mode with heater running. This does not appear to be temperature triggered as it occurs as throughout temp range as spa heats to desired setting. Pump is wired and controlled by aqua logic PS-8 same as whisperflow, which never presented this issue. Should pump be wired differently since it is variable speed? Both PS-8 and Raypak also have updated PCB's installed. This is getting old as I currently run to control panel every 15 minutes to turn pump back on when using spa. :confused:

I have the same pump. Sometimes I think it's too smart. If the Aqua Logic doesn't connect to the serial control on the pump, the LCD on the pump will have the error message on it. If the serial control is connected I believe the LCD shows "Display Off". The error messages are on page 49 of the manual.

Good luck,
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.