Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflow pump shuts off 15 minutes into spa mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflow pump shuts off 15 minutes into spa mode

Greetings, joined last year but this is first post. Since replacing primary pump (whisperflow 2hp) with intelliflow, pump consistently shuts off about 15 minutes into cycle when in spa mode with heater running. This does not appear to be temperature triggered as it occurs as throughout temp range as spa heats to desired setting. Pump is wired and controlled by aqua logic PS-8 same as whisperflow, which never presented this issue. Should pump be wired differently since it is variable speed? Both PS-8 and Raypak also have updated PCB's installed. This is getting old as I currently run to control panel every 15 minutes to turn pump back on when using spa.
    40K Gal IG plaster / (goldline) Aqua Logic PS-8 SWG / Pentair 2072 DE filter
    Raypak 407A Heater 399k BTUH / Intelliflo variable speed primary pump
    (3) Whisperflow 2hp accessory pumps / Polaris 2hp spa blower

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflow pump shuts off 15 minutes into spa mode

Which model of intelliflo do you have, is it an SVRS model with? If so the SVRS may be doing a false safety trip with the flow pressures change.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same pump. Sometimes I think it's too smart. If the Aqua Logic doesn't connect to the serial control on the pump, the LCD on the pump will have the error message on it. If the serial control is connected I believe the LCD shows "Display Off". The error messages are on page 49 of the manual.

Good luck,
    Steve
    14x28 Hydra Pools vinyl pool. EasyTouch, my own web interface (Screenlogic died), Intelliflow VF, 3 Pentair GloBrites, Pentair Master Temp heater, Hayward DE filter. 89" fiberglass spillover spa

4. Back To Top    #4

I have Intelliflow model #011018 (non-svrs). I must also mention that in "pool" mode, pump and heater run continuously without problem.
    40K Gal IG plaster / (goldline) Aqua Logic PS-8 SWG / Pentair 2072 DE filter
    Raypak 407A Heater 399k BTUH / Intelliflo variable speed primary pump
    (3) Whisperflow 2hp accessory pumps / Polaris 2hp spa blower