How do i get rid of water bugs in my pool.

May 29, 2013
Swisher, Iowa
I have those little black almond shaped water bugs swimming in my pool. lso have the ones that fly and look like they have 4 long legs. Chemical levels are perfect. water is clear and warming up to about 85. did just have a very heavy rain and had to drain about 2 inches of water and clean leaves out. Any idea how I can get rid of these guys. some actually do bite. I thought about shocking the pool just to get the chlorine levels high which might make them want to leave. Any help would be great!

Bugs, birds, snakes, frogs,.... they all love water - clear or dirty. I get flying ants, scorpions, spiders, and various insects in my pool every day during the warmer weather. A lot of that comes with the territory. Best thing I ever hope to do for the flying insects is catch them quickly at the skimmer. Crawling bugs I try to reduce with pesticides around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.